CLEP Exam Information
Blinn College will accept hours for credit by examination earned through the College Level Examination Program (CLEP) Subject Examination. The Blinn College Office of Admissions and Records evaluates CLEP as transfer credit. A grade of "CR" will be posted to the transcript. There is no charge for this service.
Conditions for CLEP Subject Examinations
- Credit, up to 12 hours, will be granted only if the student completes 6 semester hours at Blinn College and earns a cumulative grade point average of at least 2.0. Students must present evidence of completion with acceptable scores of CLEP exams along with a completed application for credit. The request for credit may be made at any time while the student attends Blinn College but will not be granted if the student has attempted, is enrolled in or has completed the course for which credit is being sought.
- Credit earned by examination may not be used to meet the minimum residence requirement for the Blinn College degree or certificate awarded at graduation.
- Students should understand that each college and university has its own policy with respect to credit earned by examination and that any such credit allowed by one institution may not necessarily be accepted by another.
- Credit through CLEP assumes the student has had no formal classroom instruction as an enrolled student or as an auditor.
- ALL CLEP examinations must be Subject Examinations ONLY CLEP.
- To receive credit for English 1301, English 2322 and English 2328 using the CLEP test, the student must qualify on both the objective and essay parts of the exam.
|CLEP Exam||Score||Blinn Course||Credit Hours|
|General Chemistry||45||CHEM 1411||4|
|General Chemistry||50||CHEM 1411&CHEM 1412||8|
|College Composition Modular*||50||ENGL 1301||3|
|English Literature w/Essay*||53||ENGL 2322||3|
|American Literature w/Essay*||52||ENGL 2328||3|
|French Language||50||FREN 1411||4|
|German Language||50||GERM 1411||4|
|American Government||50||GOVT 2305||3|
|History of the United States I||65||HIST 1301||3|
|History of the United States II||65||HIST 1302||3|
|Western Civilization I||65||HIST 2311||3|
|Western Civilization II||65||HIST 2312||3|
|College Algebra||50||MATH 1314||3|
|Introductory Psychology||50||PSYC 2301||3|
|Introductory Sociology||50||SOCI 1301||3|
|Spanish Language Levels 1 & 2||50||SPAN 1411||4|
|Spanish with Writing Level 1||50||SPAN 1411||4|
|Spanish with Writing Level 2||65||SPAN 1411, 1412 & 2311||11|
|*Students must qualify on both the objective and essay parts of the CLEP test.|