Skip to main content

Steps to Apply

Getting started at Blinn is easy! We maintain an open admissions policy, and our goal is to serve the community by offering a high-quality education for all students.

Need help with any of these steps? Email and a Prospective Student Advisor will be happy to help!

All new students and returning students who have not attended Blinn for an entire Fall or Spring semester must apply to the College District. Blinn utilizes the ApplyTexas application system, also referred to as the Texas Common Application. Once a student has created an account, the student should choose the two-year application, then select Blinn College.

Blinn no longer accepts a paper application. All applicants must apply through ApplyTexas.

Blinn encourages all current and former members of the U.S. Armed Forces to speak with the Educational Services Officer (ESO) or counselor within their respective military branch prior to enrolling at any institution of higher education.

A new look is coming to the ApplyTexas portal! In preparation for the transition, ApplyTexas will be unavailable beginning June 7th. But don’t worry! All your progress will be saved and available when you log in to the new system. When you first log in, however, you will be prompted to create a new password. We anticipate you’ll be able to access the new system by the beginning of the week of June 10th!


You should have or will receive a separate email to activate your myBLINN account. If you do not receive the account activation email within the next 24 hours or you are experiencing problems, call the Blinn Help Desk at 979-830-4357.

Once you have activated your student account, you have access to log into your “myBLINN” account.

  • Click on the following link: myBLINN
  • Enter your User Name: firstname.lastnameXX 
    • XX represents the last 2 digits of your Blinn ID number. Your Blinn ID number is listed at the top of this email.
  • Enter your Password you set during account activation.

If you have previously attended Blinn College and have already setup your myBLINN account, the password will be the last one used to login. If you have forgotten the password or need to reset it, please click the following link:

Blinn is an open-enrollment institution. Most students will be accepted and eligible to register for classes once they submit all required admissions documents.*

*International students have additional admissions requirements and deadlines. If you are an international student, please visit our International Students page

High School Transcripts or GED Scores

Students must submit a completed, official copy of their high school transcript or GED scores as well as transcripts from any college or university previously attended.  Students who apply for admission and have completed 12 or more college credit hours can submit an official college transcript in place of their high school transcript. Emailed copies of high school transcripts will be accepted if sent directly from the high school to  Blinn College does not accept any emailed high school transcript sent directly from the student/parent.    

Home-school transcripts must be signed by a parent/guardian, be notarized, and include a high school graduation date. For more information about homeschool transcripts, please contact  

College Transcripts

Most Texas colleges and universities can send transcripts electronically through the SPEEDE system. All college/university transcripts should be sent through SPEEDE unless that is not an option. Emailed official college/university transcripts sent to will take longer to process. Blinn College does not accept any emailed college transcripts sent directly from the student or parent. Mailed transcripts should be sent to: 

Admissions & Records
902 College Ave.
Brenham, TX 77833
Note: Transcripts should be sent to this address regardless of which campus you will attend.

Evidence of Bacterial Meningitis Vaccination

All students under the age of 22 taking classes at an institution of higher learning must submit proof that they have been vaccinated against bacterial meningitis. Click here for more information.

Proof of Residency

Students may be asked for proof of residency during the application process. Click here for more information.

Complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) to be considered for financial aid and/or scholarships.

Visit Financial Aid for a complete list of requirements, options, and deadlines.

Students must complete the Texas Success Initiative (TSI) Assessment unless a qualifying test score or proof of exemption is provided. The American College Test (ACT) and the Scholastic Aptitude Test (SAT) are not required for admission to Blinn. Click here for a complete list of exemptions and placements.

If not exempt, students may take the TSI Assessment at Blinn's Brenham, Bryan, Schulenburg, or Sealy campuses. Click here for more information about taking the TSI.

The Blinn College District only provides on-campus housing at its Brenham Campus. Click here for more information and to apply for on-campus housing.

Students attending classes at the Bryan, RELLIS, Schulenburg, and Sealy campuses can choose from a variety of local off-campus housing options. Contact the local chamber of commerce for more information regarding off-campus lodging:

It is recommended that incoming students meet with an advisor to select the correct courses for their academic goals. Prior to visiting with an academic advisor, students should have an active Blinn application, test scores or exemptions, and high school or college transcripts or GED scores on file. Visit Academic Advising to schedule an appointment.

NOTE: Students who are not college ready (have not passed any part of the TSI Assessment), on academic probation, or scholastic suspension must meet with an advisor prior to registering for classes. 

All first-time Blinn students must complete the online New Student Orientation, which can be accessed through their myBLINN account under the Personal Information tab.

New students arriving in the Fall semester are encouraged to attend New Student Registration, where advising and registering for classes can be completed simultaneously. Click here for more information.

If you are currently taking a prerequisite course at another institution and wish to sign up for a course, follow these steps:

  1. Ensure Registration Readiness:
    • Make sure you have no holds on your account before contacting the division.
  2. Submit Prerequisite Override Request Form
    • The form is found in your myBLINN account under admissions forms. A PDF copy of your unofficial transcript showing the prerequisite course in progress must be attached at the time of the form submission. You will be notified once the prerequisite override is placed on your account and will be able to proceed with registration.
    • Please submit a separate form for each course for which you wish to receive a prerequisite override.
  3. Approval and Follow-Up:
    • If approved to register for your requested course, you will be required to submit to Blinn College an official transcript showing you have completed the prerequisite course at another institution with a grade of "C" or better. Failure to provide an official transcript may cause you to be dropped from the requested course.
    • If approved to register for your requested course, you will be required to drop the class from your schedule if you do not make a grade of "C" or better in the prerequisite course.

Important: Blinn College requires official transcripts for enrollment completion. Request official transcripts from your previous institutions to be sent to Blinn College. For more information, refer to the "Submit Required Documents" section above.

4. Contact Information:

Contact details for each Division Operations Coordinator can be found on their respective division pages:

Arts, Kinesiology, and Agriculture

Business and Mathematics

Engineering, Computer Technology, and Innovation

Health Sciences


Natural and Physical Sciences

Social Sciences

Applied Technology, Workforce, and Economic Development


Once you have completed your admissions file and cleared any registration holds, you may register for classes at any Blinn College District location and online. Find the courses that work best with your schedule then register online through your myBLINN account.

Need additional assistance with registering? Click here for more information.

Registration Dates

There are several options available to students for securing payment for tuition and fees. Please review the options below and ensure that payment is applied prior to the payment deadline for the appropriate semester:

Pay Online
Log in to myBLINN and pay full tuition and fees online.

Pay in Person
Students may pay tuition and fees in person by visiting Enrollment Services located at the Brenham, Schulenburg, and Sealy campuses, and the Central Administrative Services Building at the Tejas Center in Bryan. See the Admissions page for a complete list of locations.

Pay Through the Mail
Checks should be made out to the Blinn College District for the correct amount of tuition and fees and should include the student's ID number on the check.

Installment Payment Plans 
Blinn makes education affordable to students by providing an option to pay tuition and fees in full or in installments. Click here to enroll in an installment payment plan for the Fall and Spring semesters.

Forms of Payment 
Students can pay in person using cash, credit or debit card, check, money order, or cashier's checks. No temporary checks will be accepted. Students can pay by mail with a check only. Do not send cash.

Visit the Business Office for questions about payment.


For information about obtaining your student ID, visit our Student ID page.

All students parking a vehicle at Blinn's Brenham, Bryan, and Schulenburg campuses must register their vehicle and purchase a parking permit. Currently, the Sealy and Waller Campuses do not require a parking permit.

Students can register their vehicle through the Parking Portal which can be accessed through myBLINN.

Ticketing is enforced for those who do not have a parking permit.

Parking information is available online, including how to request a parking permit through the Parking Portal. The Parking Portal can also be accessed through myBLINN. The portal allows students to order a permit online and have it sent to them by mail.

Students attending classes at the RELLIS Campus must purchase a parking permit through Texas A&M Transportation Services. Blinn parking permits are not valid at the RELLIS Campus.

Get all your books in one affordable bundle with BucBooks.


The Blinn College District does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, or disability. For information regarding Title IX, ADA, Section 504 and other anti-discrimination coordinators, see the Required Notices link on the Blinn College District main webpage.

Related Links


  • Admissions
  • Phone: 979-830-4800
  • Fax: 979-830-4110