Pass/No Pass Grade Request Form

Students may choose a pass/no-pass (P/NP) grade for courses offered during the 16-week, 12-week, and second 8-week terms of Spring 2020. Under the P/NP grading system, a passing grade (P) is defined as a C or higher. A no-pass (NP) grade is defined as a D or F. During the Spring 2020 semester, P and NP grades will not be included in students' GPA calculation.

P/NP grades (sometimes referred to as a Satisfactory/Unsatisfactory, or S/U) may not be accepted for transfer credit based upon the policies of the transfer institution. Blinn strongly recommends that students consult with an advisor from any institution to which they intend to transfer prior to choosing this option.

Please note that prior to converting any classes to a P/NP grade, special circumstances apply to current Blinn students, as noted below:

  • Students receiving Veterans Affairs educational benefits (Chapters 30, 31, 33, or 35) for the Spring 2020 semester must contact the Veterans Services Office at Please include your student ID and the class(es) you are considering converting to a grade of P/NP.
  • Due to accreditation guidelines, students who are enrolled or plan to enroll in Health Sciences programs should not take courses on a pass/no-pass grading system unless the course already has been established in this manner by the program. For more information, these students should contact .
  • Students on academic probation must contact Academic Advising. Brenham, Schulenburg, and Sealy students should email Bryan and RELLIS Campus students should email
  • International students must contact

To convert courses to a P/NP, students must complete the form  by 5:00 p.m. on Friday, April 24 th.

The Pass/No Pass Grade Request Form is now closed.