Blinn Resolution Information

The Blinn College District is committed to providing an educational climate that is conducive to the personal and professional development of each individual. In order to ensure that commitment, the College has developed procedures for students to pursue grievances within the college community, should such action become necessary. A student who has an unresolved disagreement or dissatisfaction with a faculty or staff member, another student, student group or administrator has the right to file a written complaint without prejudicing his or her status with the College. It is Blinn's goal to assist all students in finding fair and just solutions to their concerns.

Students should refer to Blinn policy for specific types of complaints/appeals:

Complaints about areas not addressed in formal policy should follow the general Student Complaint Policy (FLD). Before filing a written complaint under this Policy, the student must first have attempted to resolve the issue by discussing the concern with the person(s) involved (if possible) and the appropriate dean or supervisor.

For assistance in determining the correct procedure to follow or to identify the appropriate dean or supervisor for informal resolution, students can contact:

Vice Chancellor of Student Services Office (Brenham)
213 Administration Building

Office of the Dean of Student Success (Bryan)
Central Administrative Services Building (Located in the Tejas Center)
Room 164

Office of the Dean of Student Engagement
Old Main 219

Dean of Distance Learning
207 Bookstore Building (Bryan campus)

Campus Executive Dean (Sealy)
111 Administration Building

Campus Executive Dean (Schulenburg)  
100-2 Administration Building

The College Catalog also is a source for policy and procedures details.

  1. If a student cannot resolve his/her concern informally as described above, a student may complete one of the following forms found below:
    Academic Complaint Form:
    General Complaint Form:
  2. The Office of the Vice Chancellor for Student Services (or designate) will review the submitted complaint and may request an appointment with the student to discuss the complaint.
  3. The Vice Chancellor or designate will make a decision concerning the complaint and communicate the decision to the student in writing within thirty (30) days from when the complaint was filed. The decision is final and cannot be appealed. The record of the complaint including the decision will be filed in the Office of the Vice Chancellor for Student Services:  
    902 College Avenue
    213 Administration Building
    Brenham, Texas 77833

Per the Texas Higher Education Coordinating Board (THECB) codified rules under Title 19 of the Texas Administrative Code, Sections 1.110 – 1.120, after exhausting the institution's grievance/complaint process, current, former, and prospective students may initiate a complaint with THECB.  Refer to THECB web site for details on this process.