Transfer Student Admissions Process

Students transferring from an accredited college or university or who are concurrently enrolled in an accredited college or university and already have earned 12 or more hours of college credit are eligible to apply for admission to Blinn College.

Follow these steps to ensure easier acceptance to Blinn

Step 1: Apply for Admission and send required admissions documents

  • Apply for admission online at
  • Request your previous college(s) to have official transcripts sent to Blinn.
  • Provide your bacterial meningitis vaccination record.

Step 2: Apply for Financial Aid (If Needed)

  • Complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) at
  • The Financial Aid priority dates are as follows:
    • June 1 for Fall
    • October 1 for Spring

Step 3: Meet Testing Placement Requirement

  • Meet the placement requirement by taking the TSI (Texas Success Initiative) Assessment as necessary unless otherwise exempt from developmental requirements.
  • Prior to taking the TSI Assessment, students must complete the Blinn TSI pre-assessment activity and provide documentation of completion before taking the TSI Assessment.
  • Provide official Texas Success Initiative (TSI) Assessment scores or official exemption test score documentation.

Step 4: Apply for Housing (If Needed - Brenham Campus only)

  • Once a student has applied and all required admissions documents have been received, the student can apply for housing when the application opens.
  • A $125 nonrefundable application fee is required.

Step 5: Meet with an Advisor

  • Once a student has applied, turned in all required admissions documents and tested or it has been determined the student is exempt from testing, it is recommended that the student meet with an advisor.

Step 6: Registration

You are now ready to register for classes.

* Blinn College only recognizes and accepts transferable credit from colleges or universities that have been accredited by one of the following six “Regional Accreditation” bodies: Middle States Association of Colleges and Schools; New England Association of Schools and Colleges; North Central Association of Colleges and Schools; Northwest Association of Schools and Colleges; Southern Association of Colleges and Schools; and Western Association of Schools and Colleges.