1) Meet Blinn College requirements for admission. Pass all areas of THEA or exempt prior to any course work
2) Students with transfer credits MUST have college transcripts analyzed by a Blinn College transcript analyst.
3) Complete developmental courses required by THEA.
4) Make an appointment with the Academic Advising and Counseling Center – NO LATER THAN 2 SEMESTERS PRIOR TO APPLICATION. (Science Bldg. – Office 157 at 209-7250) to:
a. Set up a file which will identify you as a Pre-Rad Tech candidate
b. Receive academic guidance (Taking the Biology courses is a priority)
Must be completed prior to semester of application: BIOL 1406, HITT 1305, ENGL 1301, RADR 1309, BIOL 2401 & BIOL 2402.
c. Learn about specific program entrance requirements:
All sections of THEA must either be passed or exempted prior to beginning the Rad Tech application process
HOBET testing dates (website at www.blinn.edu/counseling click on link )
5) Make an appointment with Rad Tech after you completed Steps # 1-4 (979-691-2011)
6) Bring copies of your records* from the Center for Student Development (*includes: Student Data Form, Degree Worksheet, and Application Process Form) to the Rad Tech Department to set up an appointment. Appointments will not be made unless you have copies of your records with you. At the time of your appointment, you will be given the application packet.
7) INITIATE A RAD TECH APPLICATION by the last working day of January.
A file will be initiated only if all of the criteria listed above have been completed.
SUBMIT COMPLETED APPLICATION PACKET NO LATER THAN THE LAST WORKING DAY OF MARCH.
For more information, please contact 979-691-2011