Perkins Grant Assistance
When to apply for Perkins Assistance
The Summer 2013 Perkins Assistance application is now closed.
If you have any questions regarding the application process please contact Jennifer Freeman at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Remember that all assistance is on a first come, first served basis for enrolled students that are determined to be eligible. Students must re-apply each semester.
Am I Eligible for Perkins Assistance?
What qualifies a student for assistance:
- Must be an Applied Sciences major or a pre-Applied Sciences major (students taking pre-requisites to enter an Allied Health Program) (Click here to see a list of Applied Sciences majors)
- Must be registered at least half time. For example, a minimum of 6 hours in the Fall or Spring semester and at least 3 hours in a Summer I or II semester
- Must be enrolled in at least one Applied Sciences degree or certificate plan course (academic or technical) that is in addition to any developmental courses
- Must have a minimum GPA of 2.5
- Have a valid, current Blinn College student email address
- Must fit into a special population category:
- Disabled: must have a documented physical, academic or mental disability
- Economically Disadvantaged: receives Pell Grant, WIA, AFDC, food stamps, Texas Public Education Grant, or proof of income below poverty level
- Non-traditional field of study (Refer to list see below – it changes annually)
- ESL (English as a second language)
- Single parent, single pregnant woman, or displaced homemaker (click here for a definition)
The following assistance is available:
NOTE: All assistance is issued on a first come, first served basis. Students must complete the Perkins Assistance Application form during the application dates to be eligible for assistance consideration.
2012-2013 Non-traditional Gender Majors/Occupations
Accounting - Males
Associate Degree Nursing - Males
Business Administration and Management - Females
Child Development - Males
Computer Information Technology - Females
Criminal Justice - Females
Dental Hygiene- Males
Fire Science - Females
Information Management (Administrative) - Males
Information Management (Medical) - Males
Legal Assistant (Paralegal) - Males
LVN-Transition - Males
Physical Therapist Assistant - Males
Veterinary Technology - Males
Vocational Nursing - Males
Welding - Females