The Information Management Program offers three Associate in Applied Science (AAS) degrees and six certificates:
• Administrative Office Specialist
• Software Specialist
• Digital Publishing Specialist
• Medical Office Specialist
• Medical Billing and Coding Specialist
• Medical Transcription Specialist
In the news:
U.S. News & World Report
"5 of the Best-Paying 2-Year Degrees"
These degrees and certificates are primarily designed for students who wish to enter the workforce immediately after completing one to two years of college. Certificates require about a year of study, while the degrees require two years. Classes completed for a certificate can apply toward an AAS degree. Many of these courses can also be transferred to a number of BAAS degrees, including Sam Houston State University in Huntsville and some courses to the BS in Health Information Management at Texas State University in San Marcos, Texas.
Blinn provides cutting-edge office training for persons seeking employment or advancement in today’s competitive workplace.
- Administrative specialists may find employment from entry-level secretarial jobs to more advanced positions such as staff assistants or office managers. Students in this program have opportunities to prepare for the Microsoft Certification Exam.
- Medical office and transcription or coding specialists work in hospitals, clinics, physicians’ offices, health maintenance organizations, mental health care facilities, nursing homes, or insurance companies. Health Information Management degrees TOP of the list for best paying associates!
- Transcriptionists may work as employees of transcription services or hospitals or own their own home-based medical business.
- Digital Publishing Specialists can work in many companies in print and web publishing. This program prepares students for ACE (Adobe Certification Exam).
- Students in all programs complete an internship at the end of the program. Many work as volunteers in local businesses.
For more information, assistance with getting enrolled and/or advising, contact: Karen May, Program Coordinator at 979-209-7369 or e-mail!