1. Apply to Blinn College and meet Blinn College requirements for admission. Application can be picked up at Blinn College’s admissions office or found online at http://www.blinn.edu/admissions/.
- Meet Texas Success Initiative (TSI) assessment requirements - which can include the THEA, Compass, Accuplacer, Asset, or MAPS test. Some students may be exempt from TSI requirements. Check with your advisor for more details.
- Submit all transcripts to Blinn College.
2. Attend a mandatory Fire Science Pre-Academy Informational Session. Students can sign up for Information Sessions online at http://www.blinn.edu/twe/fire/InformationSessions.php or by calling Nathan Sivils, Fire Science Program Director, at 979-209-7557.
3. TEEX and Blinn College require students to take and successfully complete an EMT-Basic Course before attending the recruit academy. Current immunizations, including Hepatitis B is required upon admission to Blinn College’s EMT-Basic course. If the EMT-B course is completed at another training institution a student must show proof of completion with the National Registry card.
4.Notify the Administrative Assistant at Blinn College Fire Science Program (979-209-7284) of your recruit academy dates. She will be responsible for registering students for the Academy.
Change the phone number to 979-209-7202
5. Fill out the FAFSA for Federal Student Aid. Any questions regarding student financial aid should be directed to Pam Brush at 979-209-7236 or Pam.Brush@blinn.edu.
If you have any questions regarding the above process please notify Nathan Sivils or Nicole Jones.
Fire Science Program Director,
Vet Tech/Fire Science Administrative Assistant