To be considered as an applicant to the Dental Hygiene Program, the following steps must be completed:
- Apply to Blinn College.
- Click here to request a Dental Hygiene Application and submit all information and supporting documentation to the Dental Hygiene Office prior to February 1 of each year.
- All transcripts must be official and submitted with your Dental Hygiene Application.
- Acceptance into Blinn College does not guarantee acceptance into the Dental Hygiene Program. Applicants must meet requirements of the Texas Success Initiative (TSI) Assessment or be exempt. Beginning August 26, 2013, the Texas Higher Education Coordinating Board required all Texas public colleges and universities to begin administering the new Texas Success Initiative (TSI) Assessment. Any new student that has not completed college course work prior to 8/26/13, or met a state approved exemption, will be subject to the new TSI Assessment requirements.
- Complete the (TEAS V).Click here for the current testing schedule at Blinn College.
- Applicants are responsible for meeting all deadlines and submitting completed applications.
Applicants are encouraged to contact Kynsie Benefield, Health Sciences Facilitator , at email@example.com www.blinn.edu/twe/facilitator_hs/ for advising
Dental Hygiene applications for the Fall of 2015 should be requested from the Dental Hygiene office beginning September 26, 2014. Please contact the Dental Hygiene Clinic Coordinator, Linda Gutierrez, at 979-209-7283 or Lisa Wiese. Applications should be received or postmarked no later than February 1, 2015.