Dental Hygiene Program Admission Criteria
Selection is based on the following criteria:
- GPA - minimum 2.5
- TEAS V - Allied Health scores. You must submit scores for all sections of the TEAS V.
- Completion of general education courses
BIOL 2401 and 2402 within 5 years of application and
BIOL 2420 or 2421 within 3 years of application
Blinn College does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, or disability in its programs or activities. For information regarding Title IX, ADA, Section 504 and other anti-discrimination coordinators, see the Required Notices link on the Blinn College main webpage.
- A general category including total number of hours in college, degree completion, letters of recommendation, work experience (dental or non-dental)
- Community service, documented with organization contact information, supervisor’s name and signature. Must be completed Feb. 1, 2015 – Jan. 31, 2016. No exceptions.
- Observation of a dental hygienist, documented with office contact information, hygienist’s name, license number and signature. Observation MUST occur Feb. 1, 2015 – Jan. 31, 2016. Dental assistants must observe, as well. Simply working as a dental assistant will not substitute for direct observation, unless you are a dental hygiene assistant. Observation must occur between the following dates: February 1, 2015-January 31, 2016. No exceptions.
- an interview