All graduates seeking licensure must pass the NCLEX-RN (licensure examination) administered by the Texas Board of Nursing. The Texas Board of Nursing may refuse to admit persons to its examinations or may refuse to issue a license for any of the following reasons:
1. For any criminal offense, including those pending appeal, have you:
A. been convicted of a misdemeanor? B. been convicted of a felony? C. pled nolo contendere, no contest, or guilty? D. received deferred adjudication? E. been placed on community supervision or court-ordered probation, whether or not adjudicated guilty? F. been sentenced to serve jail or prison time? court-ordered confinement? G. been granted pre-trial diversion? H. been arrested or have any pending criminal charges? I. been cited or charged with any violation of the law? J. been subject of a court-martial; Article 15 violation; or received any form of military judgment/punishment/action?
2. Are you currently the target or subject of a grand jury or governmental agency investigation?
3. Has any licensing authority refused to issue you a license or ever revoked, annulled, cancelled, accepted surrender of, suspended, placed on probation, refused to renew a license, certificate or multi-state privilege held by you now or previously, or ever fined, censured, reprimanded or otherwise disciplined you?
4. Within the past five (5) years have you been addicted to and/or treated for the use of alcohol or any other drug?
5. Within the past five (5) years have you been diagnosed with, treated, or hospitalized for schizophrenia and/or psychotic disorders, bipolar disorder, paranoid personality disorder, antisocial personality disorder, or borderline personality disorder?
Contact the Texas Board of Nursing in Austin, Texas for further information regarding licensure.
Texas Board of Nursing
333 Guadalupe #3-460
Austin, Texas 78701
Accreditation Commission for Education in Nursing, Inc. (ACEN)
Formerly NLNAC/National League for Nursing Accrediting Commission, Inc.
3343 Peachtree Road NE, Suite 850
Atlanta, GA 30326