Associate Degree Nursing Program Admission Criteria
Acceptance to the Associate Degree Nursing Program is competitive. Students seeking admission to the nursing program must meet the following requirements:
- Applicants must be TSI compliant. http://www.blinn.edu/testing/tsia.html.
- Achieve at least a “C” in all prerequisite and co-requisite courses and must have at least a 2.5 overall GPA in all prerequisite and co-requisite courses to enter the program. (NOTE: Most students admitted have above a 3.00 GPA.)
- Complete prerequisites and as many of the academic co-requisite courses as possible. Co-requisites are not required to apply but will result in a higher ranking score, if some/all are complete at time of application. Applicants must supply final grades to the ADN Office, only if taking courses elsewhere.
- Complete pre-admission TEAS V (Test of Essential Academic Skills) with an overall Academic Preparedness Level of Proficient or above. Applicant is ineligible for admission if Academic Preparedness Level is Basic or Developmental. TEAS V must be completed prior to applying to ADN program and TEAS V score sheet must be included in ADN application packet.
- Students who are applying to the Associate Degree Nursing Program (LVN-Transition Option) must possess a current unrestricted LVN or LPN Texas license and must have approximately one year of nursing experience.
- International students must meet the general admission requirements of Blinn College and meet the requirements in step seven if student’s first/native language is not English. For inquiries and to schedule an appointment, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or call 979-209-7699.
- Students whose first/native language is not English (ESL), are required to take the TOEFL, regardless of US education, or years of residence. The Blinn College Associate Degree Nursing Program requires ESL applicants to attain a minimum score of 83 on the Internet based test (IBT), with a minimum of 20 in reading, 20 in writing, 20 in speaking, and 20 in listening. TOEFL results will not be considered if they are more than two years old when nursing application is submitted. Information about the TOEFL may be obtained from the following website, www.toeflgoanywhere.org. Please Note: the TOEFL score required by the Blinn College Associate Degree Nursing Program is higher than the minimum required by Blinn College.
- Complete a criminal background check, drug screen, healthcare provider CPR certification, and current immunizations and tests, including Hepatitis B. The Hepatitis B immunization is a three to six month series and must be complete before student can begin program.
Admission criteria are subject to change. It is the student’s responsibility to remain current with admission requirements.