Many students who will attend Blinn need to have their skills in Reading, Writing, and Mathematics assessed prior to enrolling in college-level coursework. Blinn uses the Texas Success Initiative (TSI) Assessment to determine the proper placement in coursework based on the student’s skills in the respected area.
The TSI Assessment is an untimed computerized test to be taken in three sections:
(Full testing can take up to 4-5 hours)
Where necessary, you may be given an additional diagnostic test on a particular subject. This test is designed to provide more detailed information regarding your academic strengths and weaknesses. This will allow advisors to place the student in the proper coursework to enable the student to be successful in their academic pursuits.
At this time, all TSIA testing is offered online or remote.
- Apply to Blinn College to receive a Blinn ID number and Buc email address.
- Complete a mandatory Pre Assessment Activity (PAA).
- Fill out one of the following online TSI testing request forms:
- Blinn College's online testing request form to test with a Blinn proctor during Blinn’s business hours (Monday - Friday, 8 a.m. - 5 p.m.).
- Examity online testing request form to test outside of Blinn’s business hours with an Examity proctor. Examity proctors are available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
If you do not know if a college near you provides remote testing, please visit our Remote Off-Site Test Location Lookup form and we can assist you with finding a location.Texas Success Initiative (TSI) Placement and Exemptions
Taking the Test
To take the TSIA, students must first choose the campus in which they will test and take a pre-assessment activity (PAA):
Students with Disabilities
If you have a documented disability and need test accommodations, contact the Office of Disability Services before scheduling your assessment.