1. To interest competent young men and women in teaching as a career.
2. To provide its members with experiences to develop the qualities and aptitudes basic to successful teaching.
3. To impart an understanding of the development and purpose of our public schools.
4. To assist in gaining an appreciation of the contributions that the public schools have made to our democratic society.
5. To provide information on vocational opportunities in education and the
special competencies required.
6. To aid in self-evaluation.
7. To supply participation in pre-vocational activities which are both exploratory and developmental in nature.
8. To provide information on current issues in education.