Blinn College Strategic Plan 2017-2020
Since Blinn College first opened its doors in 1883, it has been committed to being an educational leader, not only in Washington County and the Brazos Valley but throughout the state of Texas. Our commitment to building stronger communities and empowering students is reflected in our accomplishments over the past 130 years. To maintain our place as one of the premier community colleges in the nation, we must continue to plan for the future with both short- and long-term planning and a clear, streamlined vision for our College’s future. Through a process involving students, faculty, staff, and community, we have identified the following goals and objectives.
Strategic Goals and Objectives:
- Ensure student progress towards degree completion.
- Support student success through comprehensive and proactive advising.
- Facilitate student success through availability of programs, which meet academic or workforce labor market needs reflecting community economic development initiatives.
- Increase enrollment in academic, workforce, and applied sciences programs.
- Expand data use and analysis for ongoing evaluation and continuous improvement.
- Recognize faculty, staff and student excellence, and celebrate achievements.
- Improve employee awareness of benefits.
- Promote collaboration, mutual support, and professionalism at all levels to ensure a collegial work environment.
- Structure transparent and timely communication to internal and external stakeholders.
- Integrate consistent and equitable processes and services across campuses.
- Develop continuous improvement through ongoing training and professional development.
- Demonstrate continuous improvement of facilities.
- Promote inclusive and transparent financial and budgeting processes by providing financial training, engaging stakeholders in financial planning, and sharing clear financial information and data.
- Expand revenue streams by exploring ways to fund our institution.
- Review vitality of credit and noncredit programs.
- Strengthen and expand partnerships with community organizations for civic engagement, community services, and community support.