History of Blinn College

Blinn College, the first county-owned public junior college in Texas, has a long and colorful history. Founded in 1883 as Mission Institute by the Southern German Methodist Conference, the college's initial purpose was to train German speaking Methodist minister.

The name was changed to Blinn Memorial College and later to Blinn College in honor of the Rev. Christian Blinn of New York who gave large sums of money to the college to construct the first major building on the campus.

 

paste_image14.jpg  


Click to close