Who can see these educational records besides the student?
There are 4 important questions that need to be answered:
- Is the information requested directory information or an educational record?
- Has the student ever attended Blinn?
- Is there a dependency form or any type of permission on file?
- Is there a "legitimate educational interest"?
How does a parent get to see information?
- Must file a notarized dependency form with the Admissions and Records office
- Must show proof they (the parent) claim the student for income tax purposes
- Admissions and Records Office will then notify the instructors this information is on file