By entering this Contest, each participant accepts and agrees to be bound by the following Contest Rules:
1. How to Enter: An individual may qualify to become a participant in the Contest by completing an online registration by logging onto www.blinn.edu/disted, and correctly completing the form with entry code. One entry per person. One prize per household.
2. Contest: Registration - Online entries only. Sponsors are not responsible for lost, late, illegible, misdirected or mutilated entries. The prize winners will be chosen at random on December 7, 2012.
3. Prizes: One drawing for one (1) iPad. The prize does not include other fees or plans associated with the iPad.
Prize must be redeemed by December 19, 2012. If a winner cannot be contacted or winner is disqualified for any reason, Blinn College and the Brazos Valley Bowl Association, in their sole discretion, reserve the right to determine an alternate or not to award that winner’s prize. The odds of winning depend upon the number of participants.
4. Eligibility and Limitations: Blinn College and the Brazos Valley Bowl Association reserve the right to refuse to award any prize to or on behalf of minors. No Purchase Necessary. This Contest is void where prohibited. Only one (1) entry per person. Employees of Blinn College, the Brazos Valley Bowl Association, members of the Blinn College Board of Trustees, Blinn College Foundation or Blinn College Alumni Association, and members of the families of any such persons listed above are not eligible to participate or win. The term “family” shall include the spouses, siblings, parents, children, grandparents, and grandchildren, whether as “in-laws,” or by current or past marriage(s), remarriage(s), adoption, co-habitation or other family extension, and any other persons residing at the same household whether or not related.
5. Telephone and Delivery Disclaimer: The Parties disclaim all liability for any delays, failed delivery, loss or failure in the delivery of any item sent by mail, courier, express, electronic transmission, or other delivery method. The Parties are not responsible for mechanical, technical, electronic, communications, telephone, computer, hardware or software errors, malfunctions or failures of any kind, including, but not limited to: failed, incomplete, garbled or delayed transmission of online entries, traffic congestion on telephone lines, the Internet or at any website or lost or unavailable network connections which may limit an online entrant's ability to participate in the Contest, and any injury or damage to entrant’s or any other person’s computer related to or resulting from participating in or downloading any information necessary to participate in the Contest.
6. Publicity; Use of Personal Information: By participating, where allowed by law, all participants and winner grant Blinn College and the Brazos Valley Bowl Association exclusive permission to use their names, characters, photographs, voices and likenesses in connection with promotion of this and other contests and waive any claims to royalty, right or remuneration for such use. By participating in the Contest, where allowed by law, participants agree that Blinn College and the Brazos Valley Bowl Association may disclose personal information obtained from participants in the Contest to third parties and use such information for marketing and other purposes.
7. Release: By participating in the Contest, each participant and winner waives any and all claims of liability against the Blinn College and the Brazos Valley Bowl Association, their respective employees and agents, Blinn Board of Trustees, Blinn College Foundation and Blinn College Alumni Association board members for any personal injury or loss which may occur from the conduct of, or participation in the Contest, or from the use of any prize. In order to receive a prize, participants must sign an official waiver form provided by Blinn College.
8. Taxes: Any valuation of the prize stated above is based on available information at the inception of the Contest. The value of any prize awarded to a winner may be reported for tax purposes as required by law. Each winner is solely responsible for reporting and paying any and all applicable taxes related to the prize and paying any expenses associated with any prize which is not specifically provided for in the official rules. Each winner must provide Blinn College with valid identification and a valid taxpayer identification number or social security number before any prize will be awarded. Any person winning prize valued over $600 from Blinn College and the Brazos Valley Bowl Association in any calendar year will receive an IRS Form 1099 and a copy of such form will be filed with the IRS.
9. Conduct and Decisions: By participating in the Contest, participants agree to be bound by the decisions of Blinn College and the Brazos Valley Bowl Association personnel. Persons who violate any rule, gain unfair advantage in participating in the Contest, or obtain winner status using fraudulent means will be disqualified. Unsportsmanlike, disruptive, annoying, harassing or threatening behavior is prohibited. Blinn College will interpret these rules and resolve any disputes, conflicting claims or ambiguities concerning the rules or the Contest. Blinn College and the Brazos Valley Bowl Association decisions concerning such disputes, interpretation of the Contest rules or any other decisions related to the Contest shall be final. If the conduct or outcome of the Contest is affected by human error, any mechanical malfunctions or failures of any kind, intentional interference or any event beyond the control of Blinn College and the Brazos Valley Bowl Association, Blinn College and the Brazos Valley Bowl Association reserve the right to terminate this Contest, or make such other decisions regarding the outcome as Blinn College deem appropriate. Blinn College and the Brazos Valley Bowl Association may amend or waive any of these rules in their sole discretion.
ANY ATTEMPT BY A CONTESTANT OR ANY OTHER INDIVIDUAL TO DELIBERATELY CIRCUMVENT, DISRUPT OR DAMAGE ORDINARY AND NORMAL OPERATION OF THIS CONTEST, TELEPHONE SYSTEMS OR WEBSITES, OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE CONTEST IS A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS AND SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, COMPANY RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES FROM ANY SUCH PARTICIPANT TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW.