is the Library Liaison Program? | Who
is My Library Liaison?
What is the Library Liaison Program?
The Library Liaison Program exists to improve communication and encourage
collaboration between the library and the college’s academic community,
including onsite and distance learners. Librarians are appointed to
work with faculty in specific academic units and serve as the primary
contact between the units and the library. The program is vital to the
library as it strives to meet the information needs of faculty and students.
The goals of the library liaison program are to:
- Deliver a higher standard of service to the college community
- Increase library awareness of faculty curricular needs
- Increase faculty and student awareness of the library's resources
- Strengthen collection development activities
- Improve information literacy activities
- Expand the role of librarians as spokespersons for the library and
as advocates for the department
Who is My Library Liaison?