What to Bring to College
As you prepare to start your college career, it is advisable that you take some time to prepare for life on campus. Below are some guidelines of things you should consider before move-in day.
WHAT TO BRING:
- 4 towel sets
- 1 bed pillow
- 2 pillowcases
- 4 standard twin bed sheets (for 80” mattresses)
- 1 mattress protector*
- 1 bedspread
- 1 blanket
- Not allowed – appliances with exposed heating elements – due to potential fire and safety problems
- Allowed – computer and printer, small refrigerator (maximum size 4.0 cubic feet), and a digital TV.
PERSONAL PROPERTY INSURANCE IS RECOMMENDED
WHAT IS AVAILABLE IN YOUR RESIDENCE HALL / APARTMENT:
- Long distance calls may be made with a phone card, credit card or by calling collect
- Basic and expanded cable is available in each room at no additional cost
- Internet Service provided
WHAT NOT TO BRING:
- Blinn College prohibits the possession or storage of – any type of firearm, dangerous weapon, including BB guns, softair guns, bows & arrows, spear guns, slingshots and other potentially dangerous & hazardous weapons, flammable liquids or explosive device in the residence halls or in your automobile on college premises.
- Pets are not allowed in the residence halls, either on a permanent or visitation basis.
- Halogen lamps and candles are not permitted.
Blinn College does not provide insurance for your belongings. We strongly recommend that you take out a renter’s insurance policy on all property you plan to bring on-campus. Blinn College is NOT responsible for any lost, damaged, or stolen property.