Blinn College Blinn A to Z | Directory | About Us | Employment | Support Blinn     
Financial Aid Header graphic



Mailing Address:
Financial Aid
Blinn College
902 College Ave.
Brenham, TX 77833

Brenham Campus
On-campus Location:
Administration Bldg., Room 122

Bryan Campus
(not a mailing address)
On-campus Location:
Central Administrative Services Building
3125 S. Texas Ave., Suite 1900
(Tejas Shopping Center)


Financial Aid Questions & Answers

What if we have had an income or a family situation that is not reflected on the FAFSA?

  1. If you have had an income change that causes the income reported on your FAFSA not be a good reflection of your current situation please review the Parent or Student Recalculation Forms for direction about possible resolutions.
  2. Your family situation is not typical, according to the FAFSA definition, does not allow you to enter your parent information and is not addressed on the FAFSA please review the Dependency Override or Parental Data Override forms.


Where is Blinn’s Cost of Attendance?

Where online can I view if my appeal was approved or denied? What will it say?

  • Login to your myBLINN
    Financial Aid Checklist
  • Select Aid Year
  • See ‘Satisfactory Academic Progress’ and corresponding text.
  • Appeal Sufficient- appeal has been approved for the current semester
  • Appeal Insufficient – appeal has been denied for the current semester

How will I be notified about what documents are needed?
  • All notifications will be sent to your myBLINN email address.

Must Terms and Conditions be completed prior to accepting the aid? Where can I accept the Terms?
  • Yes, terms must be accepted first, before accepting or declining any aid.
    Financial Aid Checklist
  • Select Aid Year
  • Click on ‘Terms & Conditions – Required’

How can I accept or decline my financial aid award?
  • Login to your myBLINN
  • Select Aid Year
  • If ‘Awarded Financial Aid’ has ‘Complete’ you have been awarded.
  • Click on ‘Awarded Financial Aid’

How can I view holds on my account?
  • Login to your myBLINN
  • Click on My Records
  • Click on the link that says ‘Registration Hold – Prevents Registration’.  If it has you have Holds.

Where can I get a break down of my Cost of Attendance?
  • Go to your myBLINN
  • Select Aid Year
  • If ‘Awarded Financial Aid’ has ‘Complete’ you have been awarded.
  • Click on ‘Awarded Financial Aid’
  • Click on Award Overview
  • The COA is an estimated break down of what it could cost to attend Blinn for a full year.

Where can I view my disbursement dates?
  • Go to your myBLINN
  • Click on My Records
  • Financial Aid Awards
  • Select Aid Year
  • Click on Financial Aid
  • Click on Award Payment Schedule
  • Your expected disbursement dates will show.
  • After funds have disbursed to Blinn, It takes the business office approximately 10 business days to authorize Financial Aid refunds to your refund preference.

Where can I submit a scholarship application?
  • Go to myBLINN
  • Click on Current Students
  • Click on financial aid and Scholarships( left hand side of the screen)
  • Scroll down and click on Scholarship information
  • Under “How to Apply for Scholarships click on the link that says “click here to apply for available Scholarships”
  • If you do not have an Blinn ID# at the time of applying enter all zeros

How do I get a Blinn Buc Card?

  • Enrollment Services will mail your Blinn Buc Card to the address that is on file with admissions.
  • Normally two weeks after being enrolled and you have made payment for your classes.
  • The card comes in a lime green envelope so please do not throw it away. It will look similar to a credit card.

What are non-institutional charges and how do I accept or decline?
  • Non-Institutional charges are parking permits, fines, etc.
  • Financial Aid can cover your parking permit; however you have to authorize us to do so by accepting.
  • Login to your myBLINN
  • Select Aid Year
  • Click on ‘Student Authorization for Non-Standard Charges’ or the ‘Resources/Additional Information’ tab.

How do I set up and check my Blinn E-mail Account?
  • Using your web browser, go to
  • Sign in with your new email address:
  • Ex:
  • Password will be your date of birth mmddyy
  • Step 1: Reset your password
  • Enter old password, then Enter new password
  • Click submit
  • Reset Password

How Can I Forward E-mails to another e-mail address?
  • After signing in to Outlook Web App, Click Options>Create an Inbox Rule.
  • On the Inbox Rules tab, click New.
  • Under “When the message arrives, select Apply to all messages.
  • Under Do the following, select redirect the message to.
  • Select the address you want the mail sent to by double-clicking on it in the address book. If the address you want to redirect to doesn’t appeal, you can enter the e-mail address in the “TO” field.
  • Click OK to save your rule and return to the Inbox Rules tab.

What is the difference between a Disbursement and a Refund?
  • A disbursement is the process in which your aid is released to the school to pay towards your tuition and fees.
  • A refund is the process in which any remaining funds not used for your tuition and other authorized expenses you owe are paid to you.
  • Refunds will be released to the refund method that you have selected. (Blinn Buc Card, Bank Account, or Check)

When will aid disburse?
  • Disbursements are processed on the night of the 12th class day for long semesters.
  • Students who are freshmen or have not earned more than 30 credits hours will have to wait 30 days for their loan to post.
  • Summer- disbursements are done on the night of the 4th class day.

What if I drop a class after my aid disburses?
  • If classes are dropped after aid has disbursed, you may owe a balance.
  • Students who drop below 6 credit hours will owe partial loan funds or have future disbursements cancelled.

What happens to my financial aid if I withdraw?
  • If a student withdraws from all classes, and received Pell and/or loans the U.S. Department of Education requires that the school calculate how much the student earned.  Students who withdraw early in the semester will likely owe funds back to the school. 

Is Financial Aid available for Study Abroad?

Blinn College offers study abroad opportunities through different academic divisions each year. The study abroad classes are all taught by Blinn College instructors and the student receives college credit at Blinn College. Students who are otherwise eligible can receive financial aid for these study abroad courses. All other financial aid and enrollment requirements must be met. Any additional costs to the student for these classes can be reviewed and accounted for on a case by case basis. Students with financial aid questions related to Study Abroad need to contact the Bryan Financial Aid Office.