There are several loan programs available to students. They include the Stafford Loan, the College Access Loan and the B-On Time Loan. In order for a student to apply for any of these, they must first fill out the Free Application for Financial Aid (FAFSA) and will be notified of eligibility in their award letter. All first time borrowers at Blinn College MUST complete Student Loan Entrance Counseling before we will process your loan application.
A Federal Guaranteed Student Loan
- fixed interest rate
- 10 years to repay
- repayment begins 6 months after becoming enrolled less than half time
- interest deferment dependent loan type
Subsidized Loan - interest rate is 3.4%
- a student can borrow up to $3,500 for freshmen students, $4,500 for sophomores
- Interest for subsidized loans is deferred - the student is not responsible for any interest as long as they are enrolled at least half-time in an institution of higher learning
Unsubsidized Loan - interest rate is 3.4%
- a student can borrow up to $5,500 for freshmen students, $6,500 for sophomores
- the student is responsible for all interest which begins accruing at the time the loan is given
Parent PLUS Loan - interest rate is 7.9%
- offered to the parents of a student enrolled at least half time is an institution of higher learning interest for this loan is not deferred - the parent receiving the loan is responsible for all interest which begins accruing at the time the loan is given . Direct Parent Loan Instructions
Texas Higher Education Coordinating Board-
B-On Time Loan-
- The purpose of the B-On Time Loan program is to provide eligible Texas Students with a no-interest loan that can enable them to attend college and universities. The special benefit of this loan program is that if the borrower meets specified goals, the entire loan amount can be forgiven upon graduation.
College Access Loan -
- student may borrow up to $25,000 at favorable terms10 years to repay after becoming enrolled less than half timerepayment begins 6 months after becoming enrolled less than half time.
- a student may apply for this loan by visiting www.hhloans.com
WARNING: the student is responsible for all the interest of this loan, including the interest which begins accruing when the loan is given
All students who have received Federal Stafford Loans at Blinn College are required to complete an Exit Interview form before any official transcripts will be released.