Federal Direct Loan Program-Subsidized and Unsubsidized Loans
- Log into myBlinn and accept the Federal Direct loans that were awarded. You will need to determine how much you wish to borrow. This is a loan so you will be required to pay it back over time.
- Complete your Master Promissory Note.
- If you have never borrowed a Federal Direct Student Loan you will need to complete Direct Loan Entrance Counseling.
- If you have borrowed before and this is your first time to attend Blinn College log into www.studentloans.gov and have your previously completed entrance counseling sent to Blinn College.
- If you are a first time borrower Blinn College requires that you complete two financial management classes. Do not complete these classes until you have already accepted your loans.
- Go to Financial Avenue.
- Click on the tab to sign in now.
- Type in the access code: nbtbwq
- Create an account. Make sure you enter your Blinn ID as B00xxxxxx.
- Complete courses
- Debt & Repayment and
- College and Money.
- Once you have completed these courses your results will be downloaded and the requirements will be satisfied.
If you have any questions please contact the Financial Aid Office at email@example.com