The deadline for submitting your VCT request for Summer 2013 is Friday, May 17 at 5 pm.
Blinn is a member of the Virtual College of Texas (VCT). VCT is a collaborative of community college districts and the Texas State Technical College System. Students may register through their local college to take distance learning courses from other colleges throughout Texas.
1. Visit the VCT web site and find the course you need.
2. Become a Blinn College student, if you aren't already. You must be a current Blinn student before your VCT request will be processed. Visit the Admissions Requirements web site if you need assistance with what to do. You may continue with Step 3 while you are waiting for your admissions process to be completed.
3. Fill out the online VCT course request (link at the bottom of this page) form. You must provide VALID contact information (including a phone number and e-mail address.)
4. Once the VCT Coordinator receives your request, the course syllabus will be reviewed by the appropriate Blinn College Division Chair. Note: This process may take 2-4 weeks.
5. If the course is approved:
A reservation at the providing college will be made. This reservation holds your seat in the course.
Once we have confirmation from the providing college, the course will be added to your Blinn College schedule.
After the course is added to your schedule, the VCT Coordinator will send you an email with important information about your VCT course. Make sure you read that information carefully and keep that email for future reference.
You will need to pay Blinn College for the course by the payment due date. Please note that Blinn College has payment due dates based on when you register. Make sure you know the payment deadline or you will be dropped for non-payment.
The majority of the information about this course will come from the provider college. If you have not heard anything from the provider college by the course start date, contact the provider college directly. All requests for technical or content-related assistance must go through the provider college.
6. If the course is not approved, you will receive an email from the VCT Coordinator.
Guidelines at Blinn College
You must be a current Blinn student before your VCT request will be processed. No VCT requests will be processed until it can be determined that you are a current student at Blinn College. If you are a returning student, you must become a current student before your request will be processed. Visit the Admissions Requirements web site if you need assistance with what to do.
The only eligible courses for VCT are those that are not offered as online courses at Blinn College. If Blinn offers the course, you must take the course through Blinn College, not VCT. If you are not sure what Blinn offers online, visit our course list.
The course must be offered at Blinn College. If Blinn does not offer the course, then it is not eligible for VCT.
You must meet the pre-requisites required by Blinn College (not by the provider college).
The course must be offered during the Spring, Summer I, Summer II, or Fall semester. No VCT requests for minimesters will be processed.
The course must be offered via the Internet, and you must have access to the Internet in order to take the course.
GRADUATING STUDENTS: VCT course dates usually do not match Blinn College's dates. In some cases, your grade will not be in on time for you to graduate. Typically, you will be allowed to to participate in the ceremony, but you will not be able to get your actual diploma until the grade is turned in.
Please note: VCT courses do have seat limitations. If the course you requested is full, you may request to take another course through VCT by filling out another online VCT request form (link at the bottom of this page). Blinn College cannot force you into VCT courses.
Request More Information or a VCT Course
To request more information or to request a VCT course, please use the online form.