Counseling For Staff/Faculty
Counseling Services also serve as a resource to faculty and staff. We can assist in the following capacity:
- Present in classes or student organizations
- Offer consultation
- Provide information on mental health concerns
- Provide referral information to local mental health professionals
Difference between students in Crisis or Experiencing Stress:
Stress: Everyone experiences stress. However, some students have an increased level of stress that could cause concern.
- Unusual changes in academic performance
- Unusual changes in behavior or attitude
- Falling asleep in class frequently
- Interfering with class productivity
Crisis: A crisis situation is when an individual no longer can cope with stressors.
- Suicidal attempts or statements
- Verbal threats
- Extreme anxiety
- Hostility, Aggression or Violence
- Destruction of property
- Losing contact with reality (hallucinations, delusions)
How can you help?
- Speak to the student in private
- Be direct and nonjudgmental
- Follow Up
Faculty/Staff Referral Guide for Students in Crisis