Blinn College Blinn A to Z | Directory | About Us | Employment | Support Blinn     
Header Graphic

Blinn Bucs FAQ’s

Q – What is a refund?
A – A refund is any money that Blinn College owes you. Common reasons you may receive a refund include:

  • Financial Aid overages from student loans and grants
  • Dropped classes
  • Tuition overpayment

Q – How are refunds handled at Blinn?
A – Blinn College has partnered with HigherOne to provide disbursement services for financial aid and refunds. Students will have more choices in how they receive their refund. 

Q – What is a Blinn Bucs Card?
A – All Blinn College student refunds are issued through HigherOne, a financial services company focused exclusively on higher education. Blinn College no longer issues refund checks; all refunds are processed through HigherOne. HigherOne offers Blinn College students a choice in the timing and the delivery of student refunds. The initial Blinn Bucs Card is issued to Blinn College students at no cost and is automatically sent to the student’s permanent address; however, there is a $20 fee to re-issue the card. Students can activate their refund card and learn more about HigherOne services at

Q – How do I get a Blinn Bucs Card?
A – Once you’ve registered for classes and made payment arrangements, Blinn College will arrange for a Blinn Bucs Card to be sent the permanent address on file with admissions. Look for a lime-green envelope in the mail – open it immediately. You can use your Blinn Bucs card to select a refund preference (same day deposit to Higher One account, ACH deposit to another bank account, or a mailed paper check) to avoid potential delays. Remember, even if you are not currently expecting a refund from Blinn College, we may have a refund for you in the future.

Q – What if I don’t pick a refund preference?
A – Making a refund preference ensures you’ll have your money without a delay.

Q – When will I receive my refund?
A – At the beginning of a semester, no refunds are processed until after the Day of Record (12th class day in a long semester; 4th class day in a summer session); it then takes 7 to 14 days for you to receive your refund. First time borrowers will have their disbursements/refunds delayed and split. See Financial Aid for details. You can use your Blinn Bucs card to select a refund preference; all refunds come from HigherOne, Blinn College does not issue refund checks.

Q – How will I know when my money has been sent?
A – HigherOne will send you an email to the address you entered during setup. You can always view the status online at or, sign up to receive text messages sent directly to your cell phone with convenient Mobile Alerts.

Q – Where is my refund?
A - You may check your balance anytime by logging into your myBLINN page, select the “My Records” tab, and in the “My Account” box select the semester you want to view. As financial aid is credited to your account, it is applied to all the charges that exist on your account.  If a credit balance remains after all charges are paid, you will be refunded the amount of the credit.  All refunds are made through the refund preference you made with HigherOne at Once the refund has been sent to Higher One, it will show up on your myBLINN page as a charge to your account that creates a zero balance.

Q – What if I have additional questions?
A – Visit or get answers to your questions by using Easy Help.


  • Disbursement - This is a specific date that individual financial aid awards are applied to a student’s account. This is not your actual refund date. Please see the Academic Calendar for Refund Disbursement dates
  • Refund – When credit on a student’s account is processed and transferred to their Blinn Bucs Refund Account

Permanent Address
Your Blinn Bucs card will be mailed to your permanent address which you established when you applied for admission to Blinn College.  Permanent address changes must be made in person at Enrollment Services on the Bryan Campus and at the Office of Admissions and Records and Enrollment Services on the Brenham and Schulenburg campuses.