The A.W. Hodde, Jr., Technical Education Center
The A.W. Hodde, Jr., Technical Education Center marks an important partnership between education and local industries. This 12,000+ square foot state-of-the-art facility houses current programs and laboratories that will support the educational and training needs of the area well into the 21st century.
When leaders from Blinn College and local industries met to discuss the workforce needs of the area, it was clear that there was an immediate demand for local training that would help develop a quality, viable workforce in Washington and surrounding counties. With the generous donations from local businesses, associations, independent school districts, financial institutions an individuals, this vision became a reality in December 2009.
The A.W. Hodde, Jr. Technical Education Center is designed to meet the needs of the current and future workforce of Washington and surrounding counties. Specific programs are developed to train, educate and further develop four distinct groups of people:
- Current Employees – Those who are currently employed and are looking for further skill development or gain additional skills in their current position.
- Future Employees – Those who are looking for employment or looking to change employment.
- Current Leaders – Those who are currently assigned in managerial/leadership positions and are looking for additional skills to improve their performance.
- Future Leaders – Those who are looking to gain skills for entry into management/leadership positions.
A COMMUNITY FACILITY
There will be a variety of ways that local industry can utilize the A.W. Hodde, Jr. Technical Education Center to advance the development and training of the local workforce:
- Business and individuals can sign up for offered programs. These are regularly scheduled training programs that will be listed online and/or in local papers.
- Businesses can organize specific training: Working with local businesses, the A.W. Hodde, Jr. Technical Education Center can organize and deliver specific training programs for groups of employees or individuals within the organization. This will allow a training program tailored to the individual needs of local businesses.
- Businesses can utilize the site for their own training: The A.W. Hodde, Jr. Technical Education Center can provide classroom/lab space as available and as needed for job specific training. Furthermore, the facility is also available for community
For more information on how the A.W. Hodde, Jr. Technical Education Center can be utilized, call 979-830-4443.