Skip to main content

Frequently Asked Questions

In-district refers to students who are classified as Texas residents and reside or pay taxes in Washington County.

Students must provide six months of supporting documentation prior to registration. See Residency Reclassification for requirements for Texas residents.

International students are eligible to obtain Texas residency status if they have been living in the state 12 consecutive months and have established intent to domicile in Texas prior to registration if they meet one of the following categories:

  • Parolee, holder of asylum, or refugee
  • A student who has applied for adjustment of status to permanent resident
    • You must have received a Form I-485, Notice of Action, for the permanent resident card application.
  • Holder of a visa that is eligible to domicile in the United States 

Students will need to provide the required documentation requested for DACA/Senate Bill 1528 students as stated on the Residency Reclassification page.

The student's parents will need to submit supporting documentation proving 12 consecutive months of Texas residency. See Residency Reclassification for document requirements for Texas residents.

You cannot establish Texas residency while being claimed as a dependent. Students over 18 can establish residency as an independent student if they are not claimed as a dependent on their parents’ tax return. See Residency Reclassification requirements for Texas residents.

Marriage to a Texas resident does not grant immediate residency reclassification. You must establish your own residency by living or working in the state for 12 consecutive months. If you do not earn an income, you must submit a copy of your marriage license and spouse’s proof of residency when you update your residency status. You can attend Blinn while establishing residency; however, you will pay out-of-state tuition rates.

You should resubmit the information anytime you believe your residency status has changed.

Related Links


Blinn College Admissions & Records Office
P.O. Box 6030, Bryan, TX 77805