- When should I apply for graduation?
Applications for each semester are available as early as a few weeks before that semester starts, at least by the beginning of that semester. Apply for the semester in which you will be completing your degree or certificate requirements. Please review your degree by logging into MyBlinn or talk with an advisor if you have any questions about the requirements.
- I applied for graduation, when will I know if I’m eligible?
The Graduation Office reviews graduation applications throughout each semester. Depending on the number of applicants for that semester, it may be a couple of weeks before you get a graduation status email.
- I applied for graduation and now have made changes to my courses for the semester (dropped and/or added); will this affect my graduation status?
Yes, depending on the timing of the application, when the changes were made, and which classes were dropped or added, your graduation status could change. If you are in doubt, please confirm with the graduation office which courses were reviewed for your graduation status.
- Is there a graduation ceremony?
Yes, Blinn has one graduation ceremony at the end of the Spring Semester, held in Brenham. For Spring 2014, it will be held on Friday, May 9, 2014.
- Can I participate in the ceremony?
Blinn has one graduation ceremony at the end of the Spring Semester. Because of this, we invite graduates from the previous Summer & Fall semesters, the current Spring and the upcoming Summer semesters to participate. You must indicate on the graduation application if you plan to attend.
- Will my name be included in the graduation program?
If you have graduated as of the previous Summer or Fall semester, your name will be included. The students who apply for Spring 2014 graduation by April 25th and are eligible depending on their Spring grades will be included in the program. Students who apply for Summer 2014 graduation by April 25th will be included in the program. We need to follow this deadline to allow time to edit the program, have it printed and returned in time for the ceremony.
- Will I be able to purchase photographs of the ceremony?
Yes, Flash Photography (www.flashphotography.com) will be taking professional pictures throughout the ceremony. At the ceremony, each student participating in the ceremony will fill out an information card and then will be contacted when proofs are ready.
- How many guests can I invite? Are tickets issued?
We do not issue tickets or reserve seats. You may invite as many guests as you would like. However the graduation ceremony is held at the high school auditorium, there is limited seating.
- What should I wear to the ceremony?
The ceremony is a distinguished event. Please dress tastefully. Keep in mind – the robe is knee- to shin length. Slacks or knee-length skirts are appropriate. You may be standing for an hour or longer, please wear comfortable shoes.
- How long does the ceremony last?
The ceremony typically lasts 1.5 hours.
- My guests & I would like to have dinner the night of the ceremony, where can we eat? My guests plan to stay overnight in Brenham, where can they stay?
Check out the Brenham/Washington County Visitor Center website: http://www.visitbrenhamtexas.com/