Brenham- Classroom bld.
Bryan- Science 120
A wireless network is available for use by Blinn College students and employees. The network operates on the standard Wi-fi 802.11a/g/n protocols and frequencies. The Brenham, Bryan, Schulenburg and Sealy campuses are fully covered with 802.11n access points and 802.11ac in select high use areas.
Students should select the BlinnStudent or BlinnStudentWPA2 network from their wireless setup.
- The BlinnStudentWPA2 is preferred for two reasons: 1. It encrypts and secures communication between your computer and the network. 2. You will only have to log in once and then it will auto connect when ever you are on campus.
- use your full Blinn email address as the username- firstname.lastname@example.org
- The BlinnStudent network requires you to log in via a web page. Once connected, open your web browser and wait for the login screen to appear.
- user your Blinn username-
Passwords can be managed and reset at Password.blinn.edu
Employees should select BlinnStaff or BlinnStaffWPA2 network from their wireless setup
- BlinnStaffWPA2 is the recommended network to utilize.
Employees use their Blinn domain username and password (what you log onto the computer with)
The WPA2 networks use AES or TKIP encryption and PEAP- MSCHAPV2 authentication. You will be prompted and must accept the server certificate in order to continue connecting to the network.
Amazon Kindles connect best to the respective staff or student WPA2 network using your full email address as the username.
The following buildings are hotspots with wireless access:
Bryan- Academic, Library, Science, Student Center, Health, HSC, Bookstore, CPC, Administration, Mod1, Mod2, Post Office
Brenham- Academic, Administration, Bullock, Classroom, Old Main, PE Building, Library, O'Donnell Performing Arts Center, Student Center, Music, Rankin, Schmidt
Brenham Residence- all the dorms and apartments have 802.11n wireless access points except Memorial and Holleman.
Schulenburg- Administration, Liberal Arts
Sealy- main building
Page maintained by: Michael Welch
Page Last Updated: August 18, 2016