Blackboard Collaborate (Elluminate)! Web Conferencing Software
What is Blackboard Collaborate (formerly Elluminate)?
Blackboard Collaborate (formerly Elluminate) is a Web-conferencing software that allows instructors to conduct a live "Web meeting' with students. This software incorporates video, audio, desktop and file sharing to create an online classroom for collaboration in real-time via the Internet.
To learn more about Elluminate please visit the following web addresses.
How do I get started using Blackboard Collaborate Web Conferencing software?
Two options are available:
Setting up a Session via eCampus
Setting up a Session via the Web
How can I use Blackboard Collaborate (Elluminate) with my online or face-to-face class?
- Use the private room option to conduct live office hours that included audio, desktop sharing, text chat, and/or whiteboard content.
- Conduct live class lecture sessions or meetings.
- Allow teams to conduct live meetings in breakout rooms.
- Use private rooms to tutor students with the desktop/application sharing features.
- Have students meet for live presentations such as individual speeches or group presentations.
- Meet with students to work on oral presentations and/or pronunciation of terms. This is frequently used in language classes or technical programs where correct pronunciation of terms is a required element.
- Conduct a 'live court session'. Subpoena your students to appear and conduct the session in this live format.
- Record sessions so students and instructors may playback content for peer-review and grading purposes.