2015 Blended Course Design Institute
The focus of the May 2015 Course Design Institute is blended course design and content development. Outcomes for this hands-on workshop include:
- Identifying the advantages of a blended course for students and instructors.
- Development of lessons for 2 units of instruction that bridge online and face-to-face sessions to produce the desired learning outcomes.
- Applying the principles of backwards course design to develop a minimum of 2 units of blended course content with assessments targeting stated behavioral objectives.
- Recognizing the importance of communication and interaction as a best practice in the blended classroom and integration of technologies and teaching strategies that promote student engagement with peers, instructor, and course content to build an engaged community of learners.
When and Where?
- Brenham Session - Monday, May 18th through Thursday, May 21st - Arts and Sciences Building Room 211 - 9:00 am to 2:00 pm. Lunch is provided.
- Bryan Session - Monday, May 18th through Thursday, May 21st - Bookstore Building (G) Room 234 - 9:00 am to 2:00 pm. Lunch is provided.
Can anyone register for this training?
- Pre-requisite for enrollment - completion of eCampus training
- Enrollment is open to full-time and part-time Blinn College instructors who have completed eCampus training. Seating is limited. You must register in order to attend.