The following steps will enable your PC to receive a DHCP IP address. This
will enable your ethernet connected PC to communicate on the Blinn ResNet.
Make sure your computer's network adapter (network interface card) is connected to your ethernet wall port via an ethernet cable.
1. Right-click on My Network Places and select Properties.
2. Select TCP/IP item for your Ethernet Adapter. This may not be named the same as this sample screen. Then click on Properties.
3. The TCP/IP Properties window will appear. Make sure you are looking at
the IP Address tab. Select the Obtain an IP address automatically option.
The DNS Configuration, Gateway, and WINS Configuration should all be left blank. This information will be automatically configured for you.
4. Click OK on the TCP/IP Properties window.
5. Click OK on the Network window.
6. Your computer will now request the IP configuration information from the network.
7. Start an Internet browser (Internet Explorer or Netscape Communicator). If the browser does not connect to a web site then restart your computer and try opening the browser again.