Brenham- Classroom bld.
Bryan- Science 120
Blinn College’s Website is designed for educational purposes. The College’s Website and pages belong to Blinn College and are subject to the policies of the College. Faculty Web pages will be reviewed and controlled by the College.
Faculty web pages should use the
The following items should appear on a faculty web page:
• Faculty Member’s Name
• Office Hours
• Office Number
• Phone Number
• e-mail address
• List of Courses taught with links to the Course Web pages
• Footer (Blinn Home Page & Division Page)
• Last updated date
• Name of individual maintaining the page
• Graphic- if the faculty member chooses to use a professional photo, it will be a recent shot of only the faculty member, not including family and friends. The photo will be a head shot representing the faculty member in professional attire. If a graphic other than a professional photo is selected, it will relate to the teaching discipline of the faculty member, and it will be subject to the approval of the Division Chair
• Other educational links related to the faculty members’ teaching discipline
• Links to College approved student organizations
• Link to Honors Program information for the course
• Link to Service Learning information for the course
• Curriculum Vitae- information related to educational background, professional experience, and professional development (i.e. resume, professional publications, professional presentations)
• Each Division will have at least one designee who will have access to the server.
• The Division Chairs and their designees will receive the templates for the Faculty Web Pages. The Division Chairs are responsible for the content and updating of their division’s Website, including the faculty Web pages.
• Web Pages should be updated a minimum of once a semester.
The following list of guidelines facilitates the development of Course Web pages.
• Title - Course name and number
• Course description linked to College Catalog
• Course information sheet
• Instructor name
• E-mail link
• Footer - Links back to instructor’s Home page and Blinn’s Home page
The following are suggested links, which can
be included in a Course page:
• Lecture Notes/Outlines
• Links to Academic sites related to the discipline
There are a number of items that should not appear on any Web page associated with Blinn College.
• Copyrighted materials not owned by the faculty member or for which the faculty member does not have written permission for use on file.
• Personal statements or opinions of the faculty member unrelated to the faculty member’s teaching discipline will not be placed on the College’s Website. Blinn College continues to support the right of the Faculty to voice their views and opinions in the classroom provided they pertain to the subject matter being taught, as outlined in section 2.2 of the Faculty Handbook, Academic Freedom and Responsibility.
• Animated gifs
• Links to unrelated, commercial or non-academic Websites, except as approved by the Division Chair
• Links to offensive, adult, or sexually explicit Websites
Approved by Executive Council March 2005 with input from Instructional Technology Committee, Web Site Committee and Council of Divisioin Chairs.
Page maintained by: Michael Welch
Page Last Updated: October 14, 2011