We are excited that you have chosen to attend New Student Orientation, and that you have expressed interest in staying in on-campus housing for the Fall 2013 semester! However, due to incredibly high demand for on campus housing we are unable to provide you with a room assignment at this time.
We are sharing this information with you at this time so that you can begin to look at other options. Below are some possible alternative options:
- You may contact the Blinn College Housing Department and request information regarding the housing waiting list. Currently there are over 100 students awaiting housing assignments, and new applicants will be placed on the list once their full deposit and application have been received.
- Off-campus housing in the Brenham area is available. These are privately owned properties and are not affiliated with Blinn College.
- You may visit the Chamber of Commerce for their listings. They do not give information over the telephone.
- The Brenham Banner Press newspaper may have listings in their classified ads. This is a daily newspaper. The website is www.brenhambanner.com.
- If you rent an apartment off-campus and would like someone to share the rent, you may call the Housing Office with your listing. We will share your name and number.
- Upon request, we will refund the deposit. Please be reminded that if you request your deposit be returned, you will have to re-apply to be placed on the Spring 2014 waiting list.
Again, we regret that we are limited in our housing. We have had a tremendous response for the fall semester. We truly hope that you will be able to join us at Blinn College this Fall, and we wish you the best of luck as you prepare for your next big step forward towards your college career! If you have any questions, you may contact our office at 979-830-4461, or email us at email@example.com.
Housing/Residence Life Department